Can you buy Bitcoin & other crypto at Huntington Bank?
Yes and no! You cannot buy crypto directly from Huntington Bank, but by linking your account to a crypto exchange, this is still possible. In this short tutorial, I will show you how to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum or other crypto directly with Huntington Bank.
Where can you buy crypto with your Huntington Bank account?
You will need an account with a crypto exchange in addition to your Huntington Bank account. Curious about which crypto exchanges you can invest in crypto with your Huntington Bank account? Check out the list of my favourite crypto exchanges below:
|Trade in Bitcoin & other cryptos! Try for free with a demo & deposit money with Huntington Bank after. eToro USA LLC; Investments are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal.
How to buy crypto with your Huntington Bank account?
After you open an account with Huntington Bank, you need to go through a few more steps to buy your first crypto:
- Go through full account verification to activate your account.
- Deposit money directly into your account with your Huntington Bank account.
- Research which crypto you want to invest in at the exchange.
- Select the crypto to open the order screen within the exchange.
- Decide the amount you want to invest in the crypto in question.
- Press the buy button to send the order directly to the exchange.
The price on a crypto exchange comes about through the game of supply and demand. Crypto prices are very volatile: if you want to make sure you don’t overpay for your crypto, you can use a limit order. With a limit order, you set a price at which you buy a particular crypto.
What should you pay attention to when investing in crypto with Huntington Bank?
- Invest wisely: investing in crypto is very risky! Therefore, only invest with money you can afford to lose.
- Research: only invest in things you understand. Therefore, research cryptos before opening an investment.
- Practice: with many providers, you can try out crypto trading for free with a demo.
- Spread: by investing in different cryptos, you reduce the chances of losing all your money because a crypto becomes worthless.
- Dollar cost averaging: by entering at different times, you avoid entering at the peak of the market.
About Huntington Bank
Some people fear that their bank will block their account when they decide to buy crypto. This is something you don’t have to worry about at Huntington Bank. Huntington Bank was one of the first banks to allow depositing money on a crypto exchange.
Huntington Bank’s headquarters can be found in Columbus, Ohio. This regional bank has a long history and has existed since 1866. Today, the bank operates in several states, for example the swing state of Pennsylvania and Kentucky.
You can access a wide range of products and services at Huntington Bank. These include online banking, investments and insurance. The bank is insured by FDIC and supervised by the Fed which are good signs of its reliability.
Can you buy Bitcoin from Huntington Bank?
It is not possible to buy Bitcoin and other crypto directly from Huntington Bank. However, by opening an account with a crypto exchange, you can invest in Bitcoin with your Huntington Bank account without any problems. This is because the bank is 100% crypto friendly, meaning your account will not be blocked just like that.